Followers

Monday, January 18, 2010

The plan

Before you start you need a design and a plan of what you intend to build. I have built as things materialized and it makes for some wonderful  shapes and you don't know what is going to happen and what it is going to look like. Its out of control building and cheep, Saying so doesn't mean its not built right or strong quite the contrary it is built stronger, as you join timbers and bolt  screw and glue  them together they become inherently stronger than if you used one piece of timber. My favorite joining method is the lap with tech screws in conjunction with glue. Just sometimes you get preassembled parts to order,  It happens more times than I can think of. It is like someone is helping you in the background. I think it happens more when you need rather than want. If you want you pay the want tax. Before asking or buying ask this simple question "Do I need it or do I want it?" if the answer is I need it I get it cheaper and don't pay the tax. If you don't have a plan it takes twice as long to produce the article. Do you like the no bolt scaffolding. Just have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment