Followers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Post hole digger

So you want to build a shanty hut you will need foundations The old house at Gundagai has posts sunk in the ground and has been there for over 100 years. I recons that's OK for a hut  so how to dig the holes.
Post hole diggers are about 80 dollars in this neck of the woods so I made my own in about 10 minutes that's quicker than going to buy one I have changes the design from the normal post hole diggers as you will see from the photo below. It has less drag than the bought ones so it is easier to turn,  but you have to get down on all fours to get the spoils from the hole...Its just a big drill bit if you get one of those big industrial drills you could turn this one it is about 3" diameter..


I am building a wicking garden bed and this is the start in the photo below.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment